5 Things That Actually Happened This Week and the Lessons I Learned
1. While I thought Toddler was napping . . .
She figured out how to remove her own diaper, threw said diaper out of her crib, and peed all over her mattress.
Lesson: Don't let Husband put Toddler down for a nap unless you remind him to make sure she is wearing pants.
2. This conversation with my 5-year-old daughter:
5-year-old: The couch smells good
5-year-old: It smells like pineapple
5-year-old: I spilled my pineapple cup
Lesson: She should definitely go into politics.
3. I burned cookies on purpose . . .
for a Taylor Swift parody video.
Lesson: Never burn cookies. Burnt cookies make your house smell terrible for days.
4. My 5-year old made up a lovely song to sing to her sister. It went something like this:
"Sister has a P in her mouth! Sister has a P in her mou-outh!"
Lesson: Do not use "P" as code for pacifier.
5. I successfully cooked a complete Thanksgiving dinner (*pats self on back*) . . .
but didn't start in on the wine until everything was almost done for fear the alcohol would inhibit my cooking ability.
Lesson: Next year, I can start drinking earlier.